Although LED lighting technology has been around for a relatively long time, it is only recently that it has been developed enough that there is really no reason why you should not consider introducing LED into your home and workplace. Let us introduce to you some concepts as to why LED is the way of the future:
- Long life - our LED products are rated for a minimum of 20,000 hours by the manufacturers. With normal use assuming 8 hours of usage a day, everyday, they last for potentially over 7 years. However due to the rate that LED progresses we are only able to warrant our products for a period of two years from purchase date.
- Efficiency - over traditional lighting, LED lighting has been proven to use up to 85% less energy than traditional CFL and fluro lighting. With soaring power prices in Australia and lighting accounting for 20-30% of the power bill, replacing a house using all 50 watt Halogens with our 10 watt LED will mean you get the same amount of light, if not more and rake in the savings! Increased efficiency also means less heat is produced, a definite plus for those hot summer days.
- Colour choice - Traditionally, incandescent lamps are a very warm white (2700k or warmer) - With LED now you have a wider choice. Our lamps come in either a Cool white (AKA Daylight) at 6500K or warm white - 3200k. Warm white lamps produce a more relaxing and flattering light so perfect for areas such as lounge rooms or bathrooms. Cool white produces a light that promotes alertness and a cooler environment. Great for studies and work areas; or areas that such as Queensland which is generally higher in temperature and humidity.
- Environmentally friendly - other than using less power than traditional halogen equivalents, LED lights also contain no mercury or lead. Greenhouse gas emissions and reduced landfill are also the benefits of installing LED lighting.
- Near zero UV and infra-red - LED lighting produces next to zero uv and infra-red. This is great for situations where UV and infra-red levels are important to consider such as when shining on art pieces and upholstery.
- Instant light and frequent switching - Led lights are instant on and can be switched on/off without worry of shortening the life of the lamp.